Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got tired of waiting for my insurance co. to send me my check (they say 3 more months!)... Stopped at what is now my new favorite LGS and they had a blued M85 with my name all over it!... I wanted Stainless, I wanted .357.... I held and looked at all of them for a looong time.... Then I put the purdy lil M85UL on layaway (I hate layaway, but it's better than trying to save $$$ with my wife around...lol).
Now for the difficult part.
I can't find Speer 135gr. GDHP for short barrel anywhere locally.... What is another good .38 sp. defense round for a snubbie? I'll find the GD's someday, but I'll need something for the meanwhile.... What do you guys cary?
FYI- I don't order ammo over the Internet any more, so hopefully something common.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Since mine is older and is not +P rated all I could find locally where I am is Magtech gold. Since yours is +P rated then you should have much more options. Someone will be by shortly and provide their inputs. Congrats and enjoy the new gun when you take it home.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of what I see around here is 158gr. or something like that... And none of it is decent SD rounds, except maybe Hornady critical defense, with the rubber ball in it... The manual says 158 gr. @ 755FPS.... but dosen't mention barrel size. I always thought 158's were heavy for a snub.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Well, I got tired of waiting for my insurance co. to send me my check (they say 3 more months!)... Stopped at what is now my new favorite LGS and they had a blued M85 with my name all over it!... I wanted Stainless, I wanted .357.... I held and looked at all of them for a looong time.... Then I put the purdy lil M85UL on layaway (I hate layaway, but it's better than trying to save $$$ with my wife around...lol).
Now for the difficult part.
I can't find Speer 135gr. GDHP for short barrel anywhere locally.... What is another good .38 sp. defense round for a snubbie? I'll find the GD's someday, but I'll need something for the meanwhile.... What do you guys carry?
FYI- I don't order ammo over the Internet any more, so hopefully something common.
I carry the following load in my 2007 85SS2UL, it delivers the velocity and power of 158gr+P; W/O the muzzle blast and recoil..........
Buffalo Bore® Standard Pressure

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
If you want a decent SD ammo without breaking the bank, hit up your local Walmart and see if they have any Winchester PDX1's in .38 Special BHP. I'm carrying them currently in .45 ACP and my 945 seems to like them. I believe the .38's are +P rated, which means they're pushing around 21,000 psi when fired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts