Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dose anyone run a lazer.grip on a 856. I have been thinking about adding one to my ultra weight but im un sure how useful they are and how much bigger the lazer grips are than the factory also the feel of the grips . Thank you

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I don't own one, but have played with one. The grips are larger, but soft and absorb recoil nicely. If I buy one, it will likely have the laser because I like the grip.

·
Registered
259 Posts
dose anyone run a lazer.grip on a 856. I have been thinking about adding one to my ultra weight but im un sure how useful they are and how much bigger the lazer grips are than the factory also the feel of the grips . Thank you
My 856 is the Defender model with the 3" barrel. I have a Smith & Wesson 442 that is about the same size and weight as the ultra weight 856. The length of the Crimson Trace laser grip I have on my 442 is shorter than the factory rubber grip on my 856 Defender, only maybe 1/4" longer than the standard 856 grip that was included with my Defender. The one-button activation on both, is pretty handy. If you take a look at the installation part of this video, it will give you a better idea of how much the Viridian laser adds to the grip.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Do you find the lazer useful. I'm on the fence if I want one or not
I have two handguns with lasers. One is a S&W Bodyguard .380. The greatest plus for the laser was helping me master the trigger. I don't know if I'd ever use it in a self-defense situation. My S&W 442 is what I carry when I'm working around the property, just in case a slimy critter shows up, that I can't out run. I keep it loaded with CCI #4 shot shells, just for such an occasion. I like the idea of the laser for that. I see that Taurus has a bundle on their website, that includes the laser, two speed loaders and a speed loader pouch.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Taurus resells the Viridian laser grip. But has anyone installed a Crimson Trace LG-185? Seems a bit smaller and handier than the Viridian.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I put a Hogue grip laser on my Ruger LCRX 38 & it looks identical.
Works great. My sister-in-law is now looking at the 856 Defender because my 2" LCRX is too snappy & she wants a laser. I did find my Lasermax lasers helped a lot with learning to hold that red dot steady & shoot smaller groups. But I don't recommend Lasermax. I got 2 & both broke after about 200 rounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts