Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
35,786 Posts
Any 6 shot revolver speedloader should work. My HKS model 10 would likely work in it, I'd bet.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Well....not any. The HK 686 is too large for a "K" frame. I know. A buddy gave me two of them. He meant well. The number 10 works for the Dan Wesson's that I have. The Wesson's are basically "K" frames.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Anyone know if there's a speedloader that fits the 856? Mine is almost off layaway so I'm lookin for stuff.
HKS# DS-A is the one to use; it's the same speed loader that was made for small frame Colt® revolvers like the Detective Special, Agent, Cobra, and Magnum Carry.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Just purchased 2 HKS# DS-A Speedloaders off Ebay for little less then $10.00 each (free shipping). They fit and work GREAT in my blued Taurus 856, but I wish Safariland made some Comp I or II loaders. I have been using Safariland loaders for years in my COlt Troopers and a some other wheelguns. They are faster and smoother then HK, but HK will do fine...

MaxFire does make a kind of rubber loader that should fit... might try one, at the least it will be ok for range work.

MaxFire .38/.357 Speed Loaders

MaxFire Speedloaders

Reactions: Peak Fudd

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Trying to find a good holster for my 856. Maybe an Ankle holster and a high-ride (if possible) belt holster, pancake holster or maybe just a kydex style paddle holster. I don't often carry IWB, but so far when I do it's usually my trusty old PT145 (in SOB).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just purchased 2 HKS# DS-A Speedloaders off Ebay for little less then $10.00 each (free shipping). They fit and work GREAT in my blued Taurus 856, but I wish Safariland made some Comp I or II loaders. I have been using Safariland loaders for years in my COlt Troopers and a some other wheelguns. They are faster and smoother then HK, but HK will do fine...

MaxFire does make a kind of rubber loader that should fit... might try one, at the least it will be ok for range work.

MaxFire .38/.357 Speed Loaders

MaxFire Speedloaders
I have some DS-A speed loaders, and the standard rubber grips interfere somewhat with loaders. What grips do you have on yours?

Sent with some arcane communications device.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I grabbed a pair of the max-fire ones for my almost here 856 defender. When they get here i'll post how they work.
AND, I ordered my 856 yesterday and today PSA says it's already shipped! This is WAY faster than they had been shipping. Maybe them having my FFL on file helped but still. Of course, It's not like they have a whole bunch of pistols being bought on line right now.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts