Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased this 856. I can not seem to find any information on this barrel configuration. The oal of the barrel is 3" but the the shroud is a 2".

I would appreciate any info you'll could give me.
Trigger Air gun Line Revolver Gun barrel

·
Registered
250 Posts
Guns are imported 3" long and cut down and crowned here in the states to get around certain laws. Yours was never cut down. I've got an 856 in my profile pic like that. I had mine threaded and I'm waiting for a can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does Taurus typically sell them in this configuration or was this something that slipped through?

Also, is it rare to see them for sale uncut? Does this increase or decrease or change the value of the firearm?

·
Registered
250 Posts
So does Taurus typically sell them in this configuration or was this something that slipped through?

Also, is it rare to see them for sale uncut? Does this increase or decrease or change the value of the firearm?
Value is subjective. I paid $360 for mine at auction. Regular ones were going for $310 at the time

·
23,456 Posts
As soon as I saw the thread title I guessed it would be one of these.

They'd be good for porting.

·
Registered
659 Posts

I've seen quite a few of them out there. I don't know if it was typical, but it is at least somewhat common and possibly for a reason. Taurus has only been operating out of Bainbridge, GA for a short time. I've heard from a number of what I consider reliable sources that while most models are still made in Brazil, assembly is being done in Bainbridge. Import concerns wouldn't be an issue in this case.

·
23,456 Posts
Porting would kill ballistics and offer zero advantage.
'scuse me? Kill the ballistics compared to what? Offer zero advantage? Wow, didn't know that things were so absolute, so cut and dried.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts