Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine" state of Florida. :icon_ lala:

State of over "1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting.

Just be aware that the "View" bites at both ends...

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Welcome to TA from Jacksonville, FL. I take it by looking at your User Name that you're probably a trap or skeet shooter?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to TA from Jacksonville, FL. I take it by looking at your User Name that you're probably a trap or skeet shooter?
Thanks for the warm Florida welcomes. I was an active ATA competitor back in the 90's. I had Mono 3015 for a number of years.

·
Registered
24,541 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
I see you joined in 2012 so Welcome Back! Nice review on the 85 View.

·
32,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

There are reasons that 85 Views are not out there.

The change in Taurus USA management is one reason. Things could be in flux for awhile. The new guy needs to have time to settle in at the job. That takes weeks to months.

Taurus is having major trouble getting anything into the USA thanks to the O'bama administration and his cronies giving Taurus fits. The U.S. government has made Taurus a special target just because they can. In other words commerce here for Taurus is almost impossible right now.

Taurus only makes 3 models of guns in the USA. Everything else has to be imported.

Online auction sites had one only for sale.

Online gun stores had zero 85 Views. Yes, I could have missed a few, but that is all.

If you have a View then you are a one lucky person.

·
32,497 Posts
Addendum.
It was also announced that there might be some "tweaking of the design" which means that the newer to be versions are to be on the way when we do not know at this time.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
539 Posts
well i waited for a taurus view for half a year now, nothing coming down the pike, so i used the money to buy a smith and wesson baby chief made in 1952
That is sweet. I would love to find one of them. From what I have herd about shooting the View, they can keep it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts