Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a problem with the spring screw that holds the cylinder yoke assembly in not holding? The screw holds the yoke in seemingly well, but when I open the cylinder and push on it with a speed loader the entire yoke assembly and cylinder can be pushed out. I wonder if a stronger spring is needed, or a longer spring. Had anyone had an experience like this to lend some insight to a possible resolution on?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like the detent and maybe the spring are missing?
Definitely not missing the spring and detent. Screw is in as far as it will go without stripping the receiver. It wasn't loose, like it is now, before I cleaned all of the packing grease out of the nooks and crannies. The yoke assembly doesn't just come out, it is being held in by the yoke screw, just not firmly enough.

I phoned Taurus and explained the situation, they will be sending me a replacement yoke screw assembly at no charge. Hopefully it will resolve the issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Received the replacement yoke screw assembly today! Tomorrow I'll get a chance to put it in and see if the issue is resolved. If not, then I'm going to have to go with the understanding that the cylinder is not to be pushed on with the speed loader unless I push back with equal force from the opposite direction...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so what was wrong with the old one?
It seems that the original yoke screw assembly had a shorter plunger than the replacement one that was sent. Also, I could actually see the retaining spring butted up against the screw slot on the original screw, like the retaining screw was reamed out too deeply. The replacement retaining screw was not reamed out that far (I.e., I couldn't see the retaining spring butted up through the screw slot). I may update this post with pictures to help explain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.