Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ::) I am in the market for a new CCW and have decided upon the Taurus 85. I honestly believe it's the absolute best bang for a buck out there in the small frame revolver category. Anyway, I've noticed while shopping the various gun auction sites that the newest models have an angled cylinder release while the older models have the more traditional S&W style. Personally, I think the angled looks nicer on a small framed revolver. I am inquiring about the fact that some 85's have the serial # also imprinted on the right side of the barrel while others do not. What's up with that? When did the serial #'s begin showing up on the barrels (in addition to the frame?). Thanks.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Well, I've had my M85 for roughly 3 years and the serial number is on the frame with nothing on the barrel.

Steelheart

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I got my 85ul just last week. It has the serial number on the right side of the frame, and on the right side of the barrel.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Ripplingh2o, Glad to see you made it over. Welcome aboard from the sandpile. This is the best place for info about your Taurus. I couldn't help you that's why I invited you to come here.
So far with only two answers, you know that your #85 is of newer production. Maybe not why the change, but of newer production. The Taurus rep, Richard stops by on a regular basis. Maybe he can tell you why the change.
Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drummin,

Thanks for the invite and the welcome. Based on the past 2 responses, it looks like the most recent production runs are (now) having the serial # put in both places (as opposed to just the frame). Wonder when Taurus became putting the serial # in both places. As you mentioned, maybe Richard can shed some additional light. GREAT forum (and not over-crowded).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts