Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, does anyone else who has an 809C have a bent hammer? It appears as if the hammer on my brand new compact is slightly bent to the left. Like it's crooked or something? I'm not sure if it's always been this way or if something caused it to get bent. I'm just lost and now that I notice it, it's hard to not notice it lol.

No issues with it's functionality from what I can tell. It's just that when looking at it fully decocked, you can definitely tell that it's leaning more over to the left side of the pistol vs straight in the middle. Is this something to be concerned about and/or worthy to send in for repair? Or is this a manufacturer's defect? I just don't want to encounter issues with this later on down the road such as light strikes/etc.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Pictures would be very helpful here. Your pistol can then be compared with other 809Cs out there to see what's wrong more clearly.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Mine doesn't seem to be crooked at all, I'll be interested to see what other 809C owners have to say.. And yes pics would be helpful for comparison and to see the degree of the bend. Have you had it to the range at all? Just wondering how it functions... Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Photography Finger Nail Technology Fictional character

Here's a few pics. Bad quality due to the camera but all I have. No I havent been to the range yet. It's brand new. Just havent had the chance yet lol. To me, the hammer just seems off center and to the left a bit. Not sure why exactly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have any ideas if this is how it should look or if there's something wrong with the hammer? Also can we get sum comparison pics of the back of other 809c's?

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Sorry, no one got back with you? I been busy, wife had surgery, and I go to hospital 5 days a week for myself.

If there is a rub mark on the side of the hammer, or slide area from rubbing, I would say get it back to Taurus. If the gun functions with no rubs, or scratching, I might not do it.

It is kind of up to the owner really. I want an 809, but the 24/7 that I got came along at a great price?

CS # 1-800-327-3776

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, no one got back with you? I been busy, wife had surgery, and I go to hospital 5 days a week for myself.

If there is a rub mark on the side of the hammer, or slide area from rubbing, I would say get it back to Taurus. If the gun functions with no rubs, or scratching, I might not do it.

It is kind of up to the owner really. I want an 809, but the 24/7 that I got came along at a great price?

CS # 1-800-327-3776
I appreciate the response. Good point, yes This gun has not been dropped/scraped/etc and has never even been fired but I do have some slight scrape marks/etc on the left side where the hammer has rubbed against the side. I guess i'll have to call and have them look at it.

How do I go about shipping this to them after talking with them about the problem? I've heard stories about it being over $100 to ship a pistol. I'll be shipping from Kentucky. Any recommendations on who to ship it thru? UPS, USPS, or FedEx?

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Sir, if you have had the gun, less than one year. Talk to the CS rep, and request that they pick the gun up, repair it and return it to you at their expense. Remember, you get better results with Honey rather than fire and brimstone??:cool:

I have paid to ship from KY, to Miami, it was only $52 total last year. But you should not have to with a new gun.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well....it appears that my 809C that I purchased about 9 months ago is the same. The hammer is also canted slightly to the left. It works flawlessly so I'm OK with the way it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well....it appears that my 809C that I purchased about 9 months ago is the same. The hammer is also canted slightly to the left. It works flawlessly so I'm OK with the way it is.
I wouldn't mind it that much if it wouldn't damage the gun. It's chipping the whole left side of the frame from switching SA to DA with the decocker. It's quite upsetting to see a new piece sustain damage due to manufacturing defect. I'll be calling Monday. The gun just reached 10 days old, still never fired.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts