Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my dad out to try out his new Sigma and brought my 809 to put some more through it as well. It performed beautifully for the majority of the trip, put 3 mags on target at 12 yards(about a 8in grouping). But had one little problem, twice

Pull the trigger, CLICK, no bang, try again same thing. Drop the mag and rack the slide to clear what i thought was a defective round and the chambers empty! Happened once for me and once for my dad. Was near the beginning of the mag each time 2nd or 3rd or 4th round, not sure exactly which.

Any advise or explanations would be appreciated!

·
Administrator
41,058 Posts
Probably a magazine issue. If you have two mags, mark one, then see which it is occuring with. If you find which it is, get Taurus to replace it.

Reactions: jwc007 and TXEric

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree with Smoke... possible mag issue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm having the same problem Pull the trigger, CLICK, no bang, try again same thing had to rack the slide to get one in the chamber after shooting my other problem when I rack the slide it puts one in the chamber and the next bullet that's in the mag slides half way out so after I shoot the spent brass gets stuck on it if I try to drop the mag it gets stuck bc of the bullet that got pulled half way out after pulling back the slide. I had to send my Taurus PT 809 and both mags and a 2 page letter in after 2 days of owning it now I'm waiting for it they should have a expedited repair for us gun owners that have to send them in when when its been less than a month mine was 2 sorry I think it was 3 days.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Could these be bad ammo issues?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm having the same problem Pull the trigger, CLICK, no bang, try again same thing had to rack the slide to get one in the chamber after shooting my other problem when I rack the slide it puts one in the chamber and the next bullet that's in the mag slides half way out so after I shoot the spent brass gets stuck on it if I try to drop the mag it gets stuck bc of the bullet that got pulled half way out after pulling back the slide. I had to send my Taurus PT 809 and both mags and a 2 page letter in after 2 days of owning it now I'm waiting for it they should have a expedited repair for us gun owners that have to send them in when when its been less than a month mine was 2 sorry I think it was 3 days.
I believe my issues were caused by one particular magazine as Smoke said above. I recommend loading both magazines and leaving them in the safe for a week or 2 to try and break in the spring a bit. If you want a more direct answer, try loading the mag up with only 5 or 6 rounds and see if it still happens.

Reactions: OneCruelSOB

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well I just got off the phone with Taurus they had to replace my barrel and my extractor I sent the gun out on the 2nd two day shipping that they paid for so they got it on the 4th they gave me my FedEx tracking # today and should have it back on Friday the 11th .That's A 9 day turn around with shipping time and the weekend. I wish I didn't have any problems but that's fast I will post a update after I put a few rounds {100-150} threw it this weekend.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
OneCruelSOB, Glad they took care of it and quickly. I hope it works for ya, I know I really enjoy my PT809.

Dadillac, I did the loading of the magazines before it ever went to the range...I think that helped.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well I just got off the phone with Taurus they had to replace my barrel and my extractor I sent the gun out on the 2nd two day shipping that they paid for so they got it on the 4th they gave me my FedEx tracking # today and should have it back on Friday the 11th .That's A 9 day turn around with shipping time and the weekend. I wish I didn't have any problems but that's fast I will post a update after I put a few rounds {100-150} threw it this weekend.
Well I was only able to put 50 rounds threw my 809 after getting it serviced and not one problem and hope I will not have any. I just wanted to thank Taurus for the 9 day turn around and the grate CS.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Good for you! I hold my breath when I hear about 800-series problems. I've got same pistol as yours and haven't had the first problem. Hope yours keeps on ticking!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts