Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke with Taurus again today...Asking about the mag sleeves ("prolongators") for the 17rd magazines for the 809 / 809c series. I was told by CS that they are NOT expecting a "Mass" shipment of these mag sleeves until....April !
crap!
The only mag sleeves that will be available right away are the sleeves that come on the 17rd mag that is in the kit when you buy the handgun.
She ( CS ) explained that since the 809 / 809c are so new they don't have excess stock of the sleeves to ship separately. When the mass arrival of the mag sleeves happens, they will then have an actual part number for reference and pricing (explains why they have no part number now). Bummer.

Was messing around with extra mag sleeves from Taurus for my 24/7 G2 compact...with some careful dremmel work it looks like they would fit the 809 / 809c. The sleeves fit around the 809 mag. It's just how the back of the 24/7 sleeve would need to be lowered to fit the 809 / 809c - that impacts the function. The 24/7 sleeve hangs down below the bottom of the 809 mag...again in the back. The dremmel could take that tip off, or you can leave it there. The angles between the two mags seem to be the same and exterior dimensions; thickness and width, seem to be the same too. Time to experiment!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you for the heads up

Tell me boy, what is the riddle of steel?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, it is good to hear that they are actually going to release some sleeves for the mags. You could always get some two-part mold-making compound and duplicate the existing sleeve until then. It will probably not be as sturdy as the original but it should give you something to pass until the real deal comes out...AND it will give you something to practice on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts