Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

One of our sponsors makes holsters for the 800 series. If this has been posted before, I apologize.
I have the PT-845, which I think is a great pistol. I called Taurus to find out who makes IWB holsters for this gun, and they told me to check out another company. This company does not at this time make holsters for the PT-845, however, Theis holsters, at Theisholsters.com does. I ordered yesterday, so hopefully within a few weeks, I'll be carrying this fine pistol.

I have no affiliation with Theis holsters. I'm just another happy Taurus owner in search of a good holster for my Pt-845.

Take care.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Just so you know most holsters made for the 24/7 will work well with your 800 series.

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the link, Comp.
I believe that holster in an outside the waistband, but I would prefer an IWB.
When I get my Theis holster for my PT-845, I'll let you know. I took the pistol to the range again last week, and I really enjoy shooting this gun. This makes my 4th Taurus, and who knows, there may very well be more in my future.

Take care

·
Registered
693 Posts
seaboss: Depending on how much work Tommy has lined up, you may not be waiting anything near a "few weeks". It was summer time when I ordered a Theis holster for my 709 and I'm pretty sure I had it in less than a week. Either way, Tommy will likely keep you informed along the way, as he did when I placed my order. I plan to order an 809 through a local FFL next week and I'll be ordering a Theis for it. In fact... I should probably place that order this week to get it rolling... Thanks for the inadvertant reminder!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad I could be of service Lommerse!
I'm sure you will enjoy your 809 as much as I have my 845. I'm looking forward to getting Tommy's holster.
Tell me about your 709. It's one of the Taurus's I'm thinking about. I'm also looking at one of their 38 special revolvers, the 85. Can't have enough toys.

Take care

·
Registered
693 Posts
I like my 709 a lot and it carries great in my Theis holster. It wasn't a smooth running gun out of the box. It hates WWB FMJ but likes Federal and American Eagle (made by Federal I think) so I can stay in supply of range ammo by simply shopping Walmart. I carry Hornady Critical Defense ammo, but I've also shot plenty of Federal brand SD ammo and it's all worked just fine. Like many, I find that my POI is a little left and low of POA. But it's pretty managable (still grouping tightly) and I'm confident that I can hit what I intend to hit. I'm not certain, but I think the trigger safety fools with my trigger pull and may have something to do with my POI. My other handguns have a smooth blade trigger and I shoot them all pretty much lights out. The weight and "slim" dimensions of this piece is what drew me to it. There's something about the single stack 9's that makes them a great combo of power and concealability that make them incredibly appealing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my Theis holster a few days ago, and I absolutely love it!
The PT-845 fits great, and carries very well. I will definitely order again from Tommy. He seems to have a great selection of holsters for our Taurus guns. My M85 may be next.

Take care

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the 845 and am also looking into holsters for it, tho I don't want a iwb for it as I wont be carrying. any suggestions? I found one from jbp holsters but by the looks of some of the reviews they aren't actually for the 845.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts