Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an article from Feb. 2008 Shooting Illustrated:

The 800 series will be available in .45 ACP. .40 S&W and 9mm. The handguns' rugged construction includes a forged slide and captive recoil spring with a stainless steel guide rod. The components help create an incredibly balanced spring pressure that allows record setting cycle times.
The series also features ambidextrous magazine release buttons and extended magazine bumpers that double as a finger rest and save damage to the magazine during speed reloads. Included with each firearm are three double stack magazines which fit into guided wells for fast reloads.
The 800 series provides ultimate exclusive protection with 3 internal safeties, unnoticed by a shooter when firing. True ambidextrous safety and decock lever allows the user to leave a live round in the chamber and safely decock--or leave a round in the chamber and apply the safety with the left or right hand. The series also comes standard with a visual loaded chamber indicator and the Taurus Security System. Each caliber is available in either blue or stainless steel.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I've been wanting one of those in 9mm almost as much as the 24/7 OSS model.

·
Administrator
17,915 Posts
I'm guessing that the 800 series will be sharing Magazines, Barrels, and maybe Recoil Spring Assemblies with the 24/7 Series. I look forward to test firing a few in 9mm and .45 ACP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Coming soon... hopefully? I don't see any information about when they'll be available. The 24/7 OSS has been listed on their web site for well over a year, and it still isn't available.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'd really like a 24/7 OSS or 809 type, in stainless with a 4" barrel and safety/decocker...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts