Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My millenium pro will be a month old tomorrow but , on question Ive been reading alot of people r having prob with the heine 8 sights that is on my gun!!How r you suppose to aim at the center to hit directly on the X!!!Ive been aiming at the center but it doesnt aaim there!!!Alot of people been saying about it shooting low!!Ive just message heine to see if they can give me more info on this!!!Ive been shooting sum in the center but always have prob hit the x!!I wanna hit the x dammit!!!lol!!!!:eek:
everyones input is greatly appreciated!!The one prob is I shot better when i shot a .22 revolver for the first time more closer and on the X! thanks connie

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
My millenium pro will be a month old tomorrow but , on question Ive been reading alot of people r having prob with the heine 8 sights that is on my gun!!How r you suppose to aim at the center to hit directly on the X!!!Ive been aiming at the center but it doesnt aaim there!!!Alot of people been saying about it shooting low!!Ive just message heine to see if they can give me more info on this!!!Ive been shooting sum in the center but always have prob hit the x!!I wanna hit the x dammit!!!lol!!!!:eek:
everyones input is greatly appreciated!!The one prob is I shot better when i shot a .22 revolver for the first time more closer and on the X! thanks connie
Hi there.

Here is the proper sight alignment according to Heine. Are you aiming like this?

Diagram Parallel

·
Premium Member
17,743 Posts
Marine's diagram is correct, but I've found that with 115gr ammo mine still shoots low. Heavier bullets will shoot higher. With 125 gr mine will shoot like the diagram. With 115gr I have to completely cover the bullseye in his pic. With a 147gr I can hold with the bull on top of the front sight like a lollipop.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Since I purchased my PT111, all have put through it is 115gr. I have to aim high to shoot 'near' center at 21' (center/left) .. that is..the front sight dot is a full dot above the rear sight. Now I have some 124 gr., but it will be next week before I can go to the range to see how that works out.

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
First, you adjust POA to equal POI by changing ammo, when you find SD ammo that shoots to your POA (and feeds reliably) you have your best ammo. In general, but not always, heavier bullets shoot higher. Having said that, my PT-111 shoots to POA with Win SXZ-9, 115 grain moly coated JHP bullets. Most 124 grain ammo shoots lower for my PT-111. A lot of things go into where a particular round shoots and bullet weight is only one of those variables. That is the biggest reason people on this board will advise novices to use whichever SD ammo shoots best in their pistol with them shooting and ignore all the latest magic bullet hype.

Second, when I shoot my pistols with Heinie Straight 8's, I put the top dot on the target bullseye. the reason being that in low light you will lose the top of the blade, but the white dots will stand out in much dimmer light. Prepare for the worst case scenarios. This method of aiming also cures many people's shooting low issues too. Self Defense shooting is not about hitting bullseyes, or X's, but about hitting where you aim. Straight 8's are very fast combat sights, not bench rest sights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If I used the diagram above with .45 cal 230g ammo, my shots would be under the outer ring, and left. Every time, with all 230 grain ammo.
After three range trips and using 4 different brands of 230g ammo, I finally installed Firesights and adjusted them so that I could hit the dang bulleye sighting in like the diagram. The Straight 8 sights frustrated the heck out of me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.