Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and truly enjoy the threads.... I am also new to Taurus... looking to buy my first one... I have a Ruger 345 and Sig 239, both great guns..
I am looking to “replace” my sig 239 in .9 mm for a .45 carry gun. I like the Taurus line, the reliability seems solid. I have not found a dealer that has BOTH the 745 and the 145 at the same time to compare.
Other than the mag capacity.. How much difference is there in grip size? Are there any issues that should steer me to one versus the other? I do like the 10 +1 capabilities... but would look at 6+1 in the spirit of compactness.
As a bonus... does anyone have a sig 239 and a 145 or 745 who can comment on size difference??

Thanks to all for a great forum….

Be Safe.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 239 .40cal and a PT145. They are similar in size. I think the 239 may be longer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have just looked at the same thing yesterday when I picked up my new beretta.
I have a PT145ss and was wondering what the difference between it and the 745 were.
The dealer had both, so I held them.
The 745 to me is too thin. The ONLY part that is thinner is the grip, nothing else, so makes very little difference
for CCW. It is about the same thickness as the pt111 9mm grip.
Only reason I could see it, is for someone with small hands or a woman.

The Sig 239 is definitely bigger and longer.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
kf,
Hope I can help. I have a Sig 239 (357) , and also both the PT145 & 745.
I carry the Sig more because I think it's superior. And I like the DA/SA better.
It's a little heavier than the Taurus, but no big deal.
For some reason I can shoot the 745 better than the 145. :???: I like the grip of both, but
as mrnuke7571 said, smaller hands would like the 745 better. I have average hands and I like both. I got a good deal on the 745 , otherwise I'd just stick with the 145 for the extra capacity. My 239 is only about 3/4 " longer than the 145. The size difference should not be an issue on these 2 guns. Shoot me an email and let me know what you'd want for the 239 if you decide to sell it. Hope this helps. John

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info
I agree. my sig 239 is a great gun.. I shoot it well, as it carries/conceals well. I was am looking at the 145 for the caliber (.45)....
It seems that the 145 and the 239 are the same size.. the new 145 are sa/da? is this true.. how is the trigger pull vs the sig?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My 145 is DAO. I haven't seen the new DA/SA ones yet. I did a quick measurement of my Sig & the 145. Basically same thickness. Sig is 3/4" longer. Same height.
Sig's a little heavier. Alloy vs polymer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts