Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum. I recently bought myself a Used (but in like New condition) 740 Slim .40 cal. I am looking for an inexpensive IWB holster for it. Any Suggestions? I am currently shooting Winchester White box 180 grain FMJs. I am Completely satisfied with the 740. Accurate, reliable, etc. I was wondering what would be a good choice for JHP ammo? Weight wise. I'm looking at the Federal 165 gr JHP for now. But if anyone has a better recommendation. I'm all ears.. Thanks Mossy!

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I like the CrossBreed SuperTuck style for CC because of the comfort and concealability. You can go cheap with KHolster, or if you can turn a screw driver, try a holster kit from Old Faithful Holsters. If you go with the Molded Kit all you have to do is put it together, real simple. I think the quality of the parts are a little higher with the OFH kits.

I like the 155-165 grain JHP bullets because I just prefer my bullets going supersonic when they hit.

Reactions: mossy

·
Registered
27 Posts
I go with Federal XM40HC (overrun HST) 180grain. Shoots great out of my 740, is accurate, and manageable recoil.
Cheap too, just google "Federal XM40HC"/

·
Registered
527 Posts
I went cheap on my first IWB and got a Blackhawk IWB size 5. It works fine being that I never have to tuck in a shirt. I am going for a Remora for the summer and shorts weather.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So what holds the Remora in place?
Willpower.

Seriously though, it's got this rubberized fabric on the outside. it clings to your pants, it clings to your underwear, it clings to you. As long as your belt is sorta snug, it isn't going anywhere. You can even wear it with sweatpants if you cinch those suckers up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Willpower.

Seriously though, it's got this rubberized fabric on the outside. it clings to your pants, it clings to your underwear, it clings to you. As long as your belt is sorta snug, it isn't going anywhere. You can even wear it with sweatpants if you cinch those suckers up.
Oh no.... It's not for me then. I hate tight clothing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts