Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 740 shoots low. I just posted this yesterday on a different part of the forum.Got a couple of responses. I went to the range one time and put 100 rounds through it. It was flawless overall. I set up a rest and shot two rounds at a time and made adj. for height and windage. No problem getting it straight. But the elevation maxed out pretty quick. It shoots about 3 inches low. The bottom of the front sight is level with the top of the rear sight in order to hit center target. Like a squared-off pyramid. Have 4 other semi's and no issues with those at all. A friend shot it with the same results. Has anybody else experienced this? I was told I should put more rounds throught it to see if it straightens-out. This is my CCW so I want it sighted correctly. Like the way it shoots otherwise. But this is a BIGGY problem. What do you think?

·
Registered
773 Posts
his doesnt have the straight 8s, it has an adjustable 3 dot sight. What load are you using? a lighter bullet should bring your POI up some. If that doesnt work you could file down your front sight a little and re-paint the dot. That will also bring the POI up some as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shooting 20 ft. Using a rest. 165 grain Winchester FMJ. Just bought 180 FMJ to see how they shoot his weekend. Some have said I just need to shoot more to loosen it up. Will see. Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well a short barreled pistol, is more difficult to shoot. I know I had problems when I went from a 6.5" revolver to a 3" semi auto. For me I know the heavier bullet, did raise it a bit.

Practice helps with any gun, I now shoot the 3" gun as well as I do my 4" 24/7 with the same ammo.

No guarantees, but I hope some of the comments have helped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts