Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My local gun shop is offering this 738 .380 TCP for $210.00. Is this a good price?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
What comes with it for that price? I got my TCP with two magazines and the "PDA" case for $250.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ad says "One magazine and no pouch"....

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The ad says "One magazine and no pouch"....
I don't think that's a bad price at all. I've read here that some folks have got the TCP w/one magazine for $199 or a little less...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, Thanks for the reply. Do you like yours?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I love mine! Mine has the carbon fiber finish which a lot of people don't like but it caught my eye. I've only got 200 rounds thru it so far but I haven't had a single issue with it. Works great for concealed carry here in southern AZ where I wear shorts and a t-shirt the majority of the year.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK thanks again. I've been researching on youtube and there has only been 1 negative review so far that I saw. Here is the link...

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Yep, it's a fair price with how things sell in my area. I like the black more than the stainless too!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes it is, You might find it cheaper online but consider if you found it online for less you will need to factor in shipping and transfer? I paid 170.00 for mine on gunbroker with $15.00 shipping and $35.00 for the transfer. So in my opinion it is a fair price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked mine up two weeks ago, same thing for $199. It's a good deal. Clean it well before sending rounds down range.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I bought the "one magazine and no pouch" 738 for $199 at Academy. It's currently attached to my ankle. :)

Academy has the "two magazine and pouch" ones for $279.

Separately, I bought a second mag and the ankle holster, so total ended up paying about as much as the 2+pouch, but got the holster I wanted, rather than the belt one included in the 2+pouch package.

So to answer your question, $210 is a decent price for the 1-mag 738.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Yes, that's a good deal for a fine little pistol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought mine locally here in Jacksonville, Fla. for $199. I bought an extra mag separately for $25. I've only got 100 rds through it, but I am impressed thus far. $210 is a fair price, I would snatch it up before their all gone.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just bought it!

I just got back from the gun store with it. I made sure to field strip it and clean it very good. It was a little tricky getting the dissasembly pin to go back into the frame and slide but I got it. As you can see in the picture, it is barely larger than my cell phone! Can't wait to try it!!

Attachments

Reactions: BMC

·
Registered
113 Posts
You might want to cycle the side several hundred times to loosen it up a bit. Mine was real tight when I first bought it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts