Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took possession of my new TCP. The trigger pull is very smooth. The first 1/16" of the trigger pull feels like it's hitting a bump. Is this normal? My LGS says it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, it is also a very accurate for it's size. If you field strip it you can see what is happening when it makes that noise. Fact is, I would not have bought the gun due to the way the trigger sounded when at the LGS. Just happened to be a guy in there that had all three of the mouse guns and said the Taurus was the one he liked most.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the gun completely detail stripped on my bench right now. I'm going to polish the trigger bar and then frog lube al the parts and reassemble it. I'm glad to know the feel is normal to the TCP. Thanks again

·
Registered
580 Posts
Buy one of these too, for safety around the house or carry or anywhere.

1) tension is critical & this company has it dialed in perfect and safe:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My thanks to all replies. The detail strip and polishing helped reduce and smooth the trigger pull bump. I have the Galloway springs and guide rod but not the trigger. I'm still debating that one. I like the idea of the spring mod. Does Taurus sell those parts individually so I can have spares when I start experimenting?

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
These are the only parts you can order online. You may be able to get the to send something if you call, but a lot of critical parts are restricted and require sending the gun in to have the factory install them.

PT 738 TCP Parts

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
Pic is gone - what is this miracle device?

Its known as a Sig Sauer 238, 380 caliber, single action with short trigger pull and reset, available magazines and other accessories, sights, as in various heights for changing point of aim, night site, high contrast, fiber optic etc.
No out of box adjustments needed etc.
Just a boring old 380 pocket pistol thats reliable and accurate.---------------------------:D

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts