Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my first taurus weapon checked it over ran a pad down the barrel and test fired it. 4 shots, twice it failed to(for lack of a better term)cock and would not fire. the first time i tapped the slid and it reset; the second time it would not. only by cycling several times would it reset. am i doing something stupid or does my 738 need repair?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
If you did not field strip the weapon and remove the cosmoline (packing media) from the pistol and then lubricate it properly, there's a very good chance that this is the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
339 Posts
make sure you let the trigger fully reset, some have had that be an issue, personaly i can't make mine do that.

·
Registered
36,588 Posts
make sure you let the trigger fully reset, some have had that be an issue, personaly i can't make mine do that.
YEP! generally speaking the trigger must be allowed to travel fully forward ot re-engage, many times if you short stoke it then you have no trigger pull.
if you are allowing the trigger to fully travel forward then you got problem Houston!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts