Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMAG1164.jpg
Showing some wear, especially the back of the slide, but still running well!

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Love my TCP and I pretty much carry it daily. I have kept records on the number of rounds fired in my B series TCP.

300 Winchester White Box FMJ FN
100 Remington UMC FMJ RN (my least favorite in my TCP)
400 PMC Bronze FMJ RN (my favorite factory round)
250 Federal FMJ RN
75 Hornady Critical Defense
50 Hornady Custom XTP
156 XTP reloads (my current carry ammo)
63 Rounds of reloads using various lead bullets (have not found one I like yet)

That puts me at 1394 rounds fired in my B series TCP. I am getting ready to load up a batch of X-treme plated bullets to try in the TCP soon. I want to get my TCP up to 2000 rounds. Am I pushing the limits of what to expect from a micro pocket pistol? Don’t know, don’t care. I guess I will eventually find out.

As of now, I have not had anything break or any major failures in this TCP. No signs of excessive wear, no signs of cracks in the grip body, and nothing to give me any concerns with carrying it daily to possibly save my life.

Date of manufacture Nov 2010, I purchased it new July 17[SUP]th,[/SUP] 2011. As I have said in the past, at first I had to field strip it and clean it every 50-60 rounds or I would get failure to go into battery issues. I wrote it off as a dirty gun that needed to be broken in. That soon went away and it works just fine now with extended range time.

If I had to complain about my TCP it would be that it throws the brass up and to the left. It consistently throws it this way so I have not messed with it at all.

Carry On!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good to hear, mine is only a month old. I used a versi carry holster/carrier for awhile and it started rubbing the bluing off of the right side of the gun. Tossed that carrier in the trash and just ordered a fobus paddle holster.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Love my TCP and I pretty much carry it daily. I have kept records on the number of rounds fired in my B series TCP.

300 Winchester White Box FMJ FN
100 Remington UMC FMJ RN (my least favorite in my TCP)
400 PMC Bronze FMJ RN (my favorite factory round)
250 Federal FMJ RN
75 Hornady Critical Defense
50 Hornady Custom XTP
156 XTP reloads (my current carry ammo)
63 Rounds of reloads using various lead bullets (have not found one I like yet)

That puts me at 1394 rounds fired in my B series TCP. I am getting ready to load up a batch of X-treme plated bullets to try in the TCP soon. I want to get my TCP up to 2000 rounds. Am I pushing the limits of what to expect from a micro pocket pistol? Don’t know, don’t care. I guess I will eventually find out.

As of now, I have not had anything break or any major failures in this TCP. No signs of excessive wear, no signs of cracks in the grip body, and nothing to give me any concerns with carrying it daily to possibly save my life.

Date of manufacture Nov 2010, I purchased it new July 17[SUP]th,[/SUP] 2011. As I have said in the past, at first I had to field strip it and clean it every 50-60 rounds or I would get failure to go into battery issues. I wrote it off as a dirty gun that needed to be broken in. That soon went away and it works just fine now with extended range time.

If I had to complain about my TCP it would be that it throws the brass up and to the left. It consistently throws it this way so I have not messed with it at all.

Carry On!
Ha! Last time at the range my TCP threw one over my head and down the back of my shirt! You should have seen me dance, that brass is HOT!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mine throws the brass right into my head. I've had them bounce off of my head quite a few times. When my daughter shoots it it doesn't happen to her.

·
Registered
36,297 Posts
Mine throws the brass right into my head. I've had them bounce off of my head quite a few times. When my daughter shoots it it doesn't happen to her.
Maybe her head is closer to the ground?
how tall is she???-----------------------:wacko:

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Maybe her head is closer to the ground?
how tall is she???-----------------------:wacko:

:icon_ laughup::bang::bang::D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts