Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
738 TCP feed problems

I just picked up a 738 at a local gun shop and im having issues with it feeding the first round. I've read some others problems on here but its just annoying when you spend hard earned money and end up with a finnicky gun, especially one used for carry conceal. So far i've polished the feed ramp, cleaned, oiled and lubed the gun well but no matter how i cock the slide i still have to tap the back of it to feed and chamber the first round. The one I bought has a c serial number if that matters. I havent had a chance to shoot it yet but i want to check if there are any other suggestions before i call customer service, thanks.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Take it to the range and put some rounds though it....Mine had feed problems the first itme i racked the slide....never missed a lick when firing though....Put a hundred or so rounds thorugh it before you call customer service....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it to the range and put some rounds though it....Mine had feed problems the first itme i racked the slide....never missed a lick when firing though....Put a hundred or so rounds thorugh it before you call customer service....
Thats what i would have done anyway just to make sure. Its just i've never had this problem with a new gun before 'even my other taurus'.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
took it out and put 50 rounds of amerucan eagle through it with absolutely no problems. seems to be feeding fine now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have over a hundred rounds through mine and round nose feeds fine, but Ranger T and those WWB flat nose take a good snap of the slide to feed the first one. It feeds just fine when it shoots, it's just that first one. Compact pistols like this have a pretty steep feed ramp and it may just be something to deal with. If it's carried with one in the chamber it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i so far have been shooting only the WWB flatnose and found that a slight adjustment to the feed lips of the mag cured any feed issues with this ammo. the very front edge of the lips needed to be tweaked upward just a bit. mine was flawless while shooting but i could not slingshot the slide and get it to feed, no problem now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i so far have been shooting only the WWB flatnose and found that a slight adjustment to the feed lips of the mag cured any feed issues with this ammo. the very front edge of the lips needed to be tweaked upward just a bit. mine was flawless while shooting but i could not slingshot the slide and get it to feed, no problem now.
Just curious, how did you tweak it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've never seen that particular problem with the TCP 738. I wonder if maybe it was just the type of ammo (since it seems to be working now)? Well, if all else fails it has a lifetime warranty, you can send it back to Taurus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts