Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 738 (32xxxC) went back to Florida for the 4th time in a year. They never could get it right & it now has a permanent home at a scrap plant. It had continuous problems loading, ejecting, and sliding.

They finally sent me a new gun. I've had it to the range twice in the past week. It is spot-on perfect! After a careful cleaning (and cleaning between trips to the range) I fed it "real ammo," Winchester flat tops, professional reloads, and personal protection rounds. It has eaten every round perfectly. I'm very impressed with the gun. Too bad that they couldn't get it right with the first one.

After reading the threads here and elsewhere, It seems like these guns are bi-polar. Either they work perfectly or are impossible to get set up correctly.

Just added a bit of sight paint, which should help.

I will have to say that Taurus Customer Support was very friendly and really tried hard. However, It seems that they are overwhelmed and their technology hasn't kept up with the new demand. During the last trip to the factory, I made several calls, each time they seemed more confused. On the last call, they said that the replacement gun was out of stock and they hoped to have some in a couple of weeks..... As it turned out, it had already been shipped and arrived that day.

Sigh!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glad to see you finally got a good one. I thought I had a good one until I noticed the hammer riding all the way to the left side of the receiver. Calling Taurus tommorow.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I just got a c model on the 10th of this month had to send it back Friday hope they can get it right which I am sure they will.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Glad they got you taken care of. The one I have and the one the wife has have been great guns. Never had a problem with either one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts