Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this has been covered before, but I broke in a new TCP 738 this weekend and had a few issues with dropping the magazine while shooting. I had one old mag that I know was for an earlier series, it drops out under recoil for sure. I just tried it in hopes it would work in the gun since extra mags are backordered currently. The factory-supplied mag did it a few times as well, but I can't really say if my thumb is brushing the mag release under recoil. Does anyone have any tips for avoiding the mag release? I use a Pachmayr slip-on grip but I guess I could still be bumping the button. The gun was flawless otherwise and very accurate with 4 different kinds of ammo.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
You just have to make an effort to keep your thumb off it. I know it is hard to do when you grip the gun as your thumb lays right on top of it. I have not had this problem on mine and I too broke mine in this weekend. My wife has had hers for almost a year now and she has not had this problem either. Sorry I don't have a tried and tested tip. You just have to be aware of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just had the same issue, My 13 year old shot off a hundred or so without a problem, I didn't notice it during the first 50 or so. Then the next time at the range I was having the same issue, granted I was also firing a 357 sig gun and a Model 19 S&W 357 Magnum during my last session with the 738; which could have contributed cause you need to hold really tight on the Badass rounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.