Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This pistol/738 is incredible. Been shooting it off-handed, dont mention limp wrist around this taurus. It only gets great reloads. OAL 0.927, like the ones in the micro desert eagle. Lite loads with win231 and 105 gr R.N.. I did lite file the inner mag release. I use eel snot from ebay and at this break~in period a lil' mag-lube on the rails only.

Sig938,db-9,taurus738,G-26,xds45acp,micro desert eagle.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no guys, iam serious! Ive had three P3AT's, at fault of my own or somebody, i could not get them to work. This taurus, will lil' reading and care rite out the box is something. I had learned that also this pistol is designed to shoot alot unlike ruger and keltec. I have caught onto the beefy parts. I live to practice off handed. Going shooting again in2 hours.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought a pink one for my wife but she doesn't like the snappy recoil. I like the little bugger myself. I fed it Fiocchi and Remington FMJ ammo and Hornady Critical Defense. Recoil was about the same for all, and no feed or ejection problems. Hits where it points. I may have to paint it black, but I'm going to keep this one for my backup or summer shorts gun. I did buy a Ruger LC380 for the wife and she likes the added heft, it has very little recoil and very nice sights.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i got mine new on sale @ my LGS for 199.00, it is a "D" series i'm loving it.
Pink Magenta Technology Electronic device Gadget
Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft Starting pistol

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Mine's still on layaway at the LGS. It's a "c" series. Reading all these awesome reviews make me want it so bad!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
izzo, go to o'rileys auto parts store and get some color you want of "mar-hyde". Its a plastic die, great stuff. Use for years to redie plastic wall panels in the airplanes. Black, desert sand, etc., even can mix custom colors. I shot with 25$ air brush, it turns out great. 3or 4 really lite coats. Its like water, goes on thin, been around for 40 years or more.

walther, you'll have it soon enough. Iam around 150 rnds in 4 days. No trouble out of this one, I did slide stop mod, just litely filed the rear angle from the op's thread.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I must have got a great deal on mine. I found it in a case for $185.00 and lately been finding in other stores for over $250.00. It is a great little carry pistol and is easily concealable, not to mention very fun to shoot.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
go get it now. There's none left here! If i was there i would buy another one at that price rite now. Unless a ghost appears in this gun, this tcp is the dang'dest thing ive even seen and i have a sig 938 which is a heck of a pistol but the lil' tcp is rite on its bumper. Iam just sayin. These pistols are comforting at 60.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Had mine since November and can't say a bad thing about it! It conceals with no effort whether wearing a suit and tie or shorts and a T-shirt. Accurate little bugger too!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Was surfing the net yesterday (at work) just for sh*ts & giggles, when I went to Bud's Guns website (which I do at least a couple of times a day). They had an all black model for $199 delivered--I couldn't resist! Now, just waiting for it to make its way down to Miami. I told a friend about it, but when he checked about an hour later, they were sold out. Now, I'm in the process of trying to find ammo for it, so I'll be ready to hit the range when my FFL finally calls me. That's the only drawback I see about .380, the lack of local/online supply...........

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
go on a tour @ taurus, you do live in miami? Its nice to live near headquarters. Oh well, going in the shop now and reload a box of 380's ,,,bout 30 mins.. If ya decide you dont like your finish or colors, i have sent 3 pistols to ccrrefinishing.com (brad & mary)

Outlaw tcp

·
Registered
42 Posts
izzo, go to o'rileys auto parts store and get some color you want of "mar-hyde". Its a plastic die, great stuff. Use for years to redie plastic wall panels in the airplanes. Black, desert sand, etc., even can mix custom colors. I shot with 25$ air brush, it turns out great. 3or 4 really lite coats. Its like water, goes on thin, been around for 40 years or more.

walther, you'll have it soon enough. Iam around 150 rnds in 4 days. No trouble out of this one, I did slide stop mod, just litely filed the rear angle from the op's thread.
Sounds good. I'll try it.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I love my 738!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I have tcp 738 working again, worked my mass off on it. This place helped me and eye-balling and shooting the rental 738 and jims guns. My noodle is worn out. Will give a range report friday afternoon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I paid. I think, $250 for my SS 738 at Sportsman's Warehouse about a year ago. Now that the Iowa summer has arrived early it will become my EDC in a Remora holster in the front pocket of my cargo shorts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts