Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36,587 Posts
Personally , Remington golden sabres, hornady XTP or FTX, winchester gold dots or other similar low recoil/ low flash powders that have modern self defense projectiles in them.
Personally if I wanted a 9 mm then i would carry one of my 9 mm's, not to be snippy but 2-3 shots into a close target quickly and accurately in my mind trumphs 1 shot in a ultra high powered heavy recoiling round.
Of course the real trumph card is to use the ammuniton that functions 120% of the time in your particular weapon, its hard to clear a jam when someone is like 5 feet away from you and coming strong at you.
But to actually answer your question!
any ammo that complies with SAAMI standards for the 380 round.
if it does not then it may/can be dangeroeus to the gun and the shooter.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally , Remington golden sabres, hornady XTP or FTX, winchester gold dots or other similar low recoil/ low flash powders that have modern self defense projectiles in them.
Personally if I wanted a 9 mm then i would carry one of my 9 mm's, not to be snippy but 2-3 shots into a close target quickly and accurately in my mind trumphs 1 shot in a ultra high powered heavy recoiling round.
Of course the real trumph card is to use the ammuniton that functions 120% of the time in your particular weapon, its hard to clear a jam when someone is like 5 feet away from you and coming strong at you.
But to actually answer your question!
any ammo that complies with SAAMI standards for the 380 round.
if it does not then it may/can be dangeroeus to the gun and the shooter.
Thanks. I have tested the magsafe ammo in other guns and like it. My number 1 concern is proper feeding. Number 2 is by standers. Number 3 is my target. I carry everywhere and at all times. I know one ammo is not the best for every situation but want the most punch with the least chance of harming a by stander. Would like to use the magsafe ammo but I think it might be too hot for this gun. I'd have to put 20-100 rounds through before I would trust it to feed properly but I need to know that it won't blow up if I burn off old high pressure ammo over time. The range guys suggest ball ammo or hydro-shocks. Either are fine but I think the magsafe ammo could help protect by-standers in some cases.

·
Registered
36,587 Posts
If they are 5 ft away and the gun jams hit them with the gun!
you likely would need a larger gun , and a nice set of sharp edged adjustable sights woudl be nice as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts