Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TCP 738, SN ends is B. Recently it has an issue with the trigger not dropping correctly. From the half cocked position, pulling the trigger, the hammer pulls all the way back, but then does not drop or hesitates before dropping. If it hangs, it will drop as I release the trigger. Not consistent, and I keep my guns very clean. It does not happen all the time either. I have quit carrying it until I can resolve the issue. Anybody heard of this before? Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
1)Sometimes, if the trigger is not allowed to travel the full length to reset, the hammer will only go to "half-cock". This may cause some of the issue.

2)Have you done a complete break in period on this firearm consistant with the stickies in the new member section? You should read those and do as they say, this will save some of your hassle.

3)If you don't do these cleaning preparations, your pistol (which comes with a thick coat of gunk) may fail to chamber a round properly due to build up.

I had this problem and after I followed these beginning instructions, my pistol has be FLAWLESS.

Good luck with that and be sure to keep us posted. This is a great little pistol and I am ultra confident in mine now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. I don't think the trigger reset is the issue, it seems the trigger will not always go back far enough to drop the hammer. I will recreate it again and make sure though just in case.

Break in, I'm not sure about. I looked for the "stickies" you mentioned and have not found anything on break in.. will keep looking.

Cleaned it real well before firing first. I have fired it a few times, but not sure how much, probably about 100 rds. Will look for those stickies !

Love the gun, I am a Taurus believer. I carry this little 738 when it's hot and I can't conceal my PT111 good enough.

Thank you for your quick response. I will keep this post updated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't find anything about the break in period or the stickies you mentioned... I will write it off as being unfamiliar with the site.. Can you point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
You might consider getting a snap cap and work that trigger for a while......These little guns need at least several hundred rounds through them to help get things smoothed out....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: I sent the gun in to Taurus and they did a trigger adjustment. I can really feel a difference in the trigger and there are no hang ups. The best part is I sent this gun in on a Friday and it arrived on Monday which was a holiday. The gun was back on Day 11. Less than two weeks service from shipping out to receiving at home. Super nice customer service to deal with. Thanks Taurus !

Stickbow, I saw some video's on YouTube about the half cock issue you spoke of. I could not get this gun to do that and it won't do it now after the fix. Perhaps that was an issue with early guns like serial number "A". Mine is a "B", which I read had some issues resolved over the "A" guns.

Thanks again for both your inputs !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem. After 200 rds or so, the trigger would drop back to 'half-cocked' and not fall on the hammer. Sent it to the factory, it was back in 10 days with a new trigger bar. It has performed beautifully ever since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts