Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a TCP 738 and everything I read about it says it is double action only but mine is single action only. Did Taurus change spec's without any announcement? I like the pistol, it's real easy to shoot and pretty accurate but I did find this discrepancy a little odd.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
If it is it needs to go back to Taurus. The TCP is supposed to be DAO

·
Registered
36,105 Posts
what makes you think it single action only??
actually it should be a "Chevy Volt" action, can't decide if its a electric car or a gas car!
the 738 is a hybrid, the guns slide partially cocks the hammer as it moves rearward, then when you pull the trigger ,the trigger finishes raising the hammer to full cock and then releases it, the whole thing starts over as the gun fires, the slide moves rearward .
try with an empty chamber and magazine, pull the trigger, then pull it again?
nothing happens does it?
then its not double action only!
and as you can not cock the hammer manually then its not single action either.
by the fact that the pulling of the trigger raises the hammer it can't be a single action.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, thanks olfarhors I think I get it now. I read somewhere that Glocks work like that. But if it's like a Chevy Volt, will it catch on fire if I'm in an accident?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
OK, thanks olfarhors I think I get it now. I read somewhere that Glocks work like that. But if it's like a Chevy Volt, will it catch on fire if I'm in an accident?
Well, if it does, we have a resident retired fireman who will gladly douse the flames for ya'! :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
But if it's like a Chevy Volt, will it catch on fire if I'm in an accident?
If it does, it'll take a full month before it catches fire, just like the infamous test Volt that was left sitting after the test (folks are under the impression it was immediate). ;)

·
Registered
36,105 Posts
Well, if it does, we have a resident retired fireman who will gladly douse the flames for ya'! :D
HMMM??
I don't know about that, i understand that it can be quite "SHOCKING" mixing water and electricity!-LOL
------------------------------:wacko:-----------------------------------------------------

Reactions: MilProGuy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts