Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back my frame-rail split, and after a couple of months they sent me a new 738. The other day I went to check for one in the chamber, decided to eject the round and- it wouldn't feed the next round. Unloaded and reloaded the mag- 1 out of 6 the slide wouldn't close enough to get into battery. Decided not to carry til I could shoot a few mags thru it- which I did today- both magazines- slide wouldn;t close all the way after 3,4, 5 rounds. Sporadic.
Guess this one goes back now- at least my other carry guns are ok. But the hassle....

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Where's it binding? Is the chamber clean? rails lubed? I've seen other guns with similar issues due to poor cleaning. Others with reloads that the brass was over size.

Hopefully, it's something simple that you can fix yourself. Hate to have to send one back (but not as much as having a gun I don't trust!)

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't really tell why, but it picks up a round, gets it to 1/2" of the slide closing all the way. This happened before but- it was only 1/4" and I could just push with my thumb and it would finish the last bit. Taurus fixed that, and then the slide-rail spilt. That's when they replaced it, so this gun only has maybe- 150 rounds through it. I'm thinking that's enough for a 'break in.' It fired 50+ rounds in a row, that's when I decided to carry it.
Gun is cleaned, and lubed- I use white lithium grease on the rails, and am careful with the amount and placement. Remington Dri-lube in the trigger/action. Feed ramp is shiny and smooth..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts