Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my girl decided to go to the range yesterday, she shot about 100 rounds through her 732 and i noticed it was ejecting brass straight above her head after about 20 rounds. I stoped her stripped and cleaned the gun and looked it over didnt notice any issues, she shot it again and same thing, i know it wasnt weak ammo(used federal 71gr fmj) it was stuff we have used before. SO please can anyone give me some hints as to what might cause this!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think its the mag,I have two of them and it does it with both one of which was still in the plastic it came in we never use it. Im going to the range again tomorrow or thursday so I will see what happens with it. I have cleaned it entirely and soaked it in a cleaner and found a bit of gunk in the pan so maybe that was it?

·
Banned
80 Posts
Federal makes ammo for the 9mm ( Federal Champion) and it is a weak ammo. You might want to check the velocity rating for the ammo you're using.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
My 738 does that. It doesn't really bother me as long as it ejects and doesn't whack me in the forehead.

·
32,614 Posts
You might want to try several or more types of ammo than whatever you used. Right now I am using Sellior and Bellot with no problems.

With several other brands I had straight up in the air spent cases hit me on the head, but that hasn't happened with the S&B.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might want to try several or more types of ammo than whatever you used. Right now I am using Sellior and Bellot with no problems.

With several other brands I had straight up in the air spent cases hit me on the head, but that hasn't happened with the S&B.
Thank you for the info
Ive used that before and it was great, also more accurate. I guess the 32 is picky on what ammo she wants lol.

·
32,614 Posts
Thank you for the info
Ive used that before and it was great, also more accurate. I guess the 32 is picky on what ammo she wants lol.
Too true. :) The smaller the pistol the more fincky it is.

Got a NAA Guardian and a Beretta 3032 that are the same way.

I have to remember each gun's idiosyncrasies each time I take them out for a run. :) I love the .32 calibers in pistol and revolver form.

Just for consideration there is the Taurus PT132 Mil pro and CZ83 in .32 ACP out there. Even Bersa is now making a large magazine capacity pistol of their own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts