Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a pic of the 709 with the new mag extension. Definitely enables getting all four fingers around the grip. Range report soon.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
80 Posts
That should get the job done. I have the pearce pinky extension I like it alot. Wish some one would make the extended magazine.

·
Banned
73 Posts
That should get the job done. I have the pearce pinky extension I like it alot. Wish some one would make the extended magazine.
I too have a similar pinky extension, which I like, also from ebay
Taurus PT 709 Slim Grip Magazine Extension (1) | eBay

Since none of these increase magazine capacity, I think hand-size is the deciding factor. I have small-to-medium hands and the pinky extension gives me a nice, full grip (Trigger + 3-fingers). But maybe guys with really big paws really need the extra inch+. In my case, the long extension would just make the gun harder to conceal. But I love the pinky extension and have one on every magazine.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
I have some +1 extenders that I got on ebay for my 709s, but I haven't seen any for sale for a while.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Did you paint the pistol silver...or is that an illusion from the silver background?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you paint the pistol silver...or is that an illusion from the silver background?
No, its still black. The color is just an illusion from the flash, I think

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Ok-- please excuse me as I run screaming from the ROOM--- OOOOHHHH NOOOOOO NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.
I have 2 mags with the Pearce and 2 without. The pearce are used for the range when some of the family want to shot the 709.. I NEVER carry with the extensions. With out them its just so easy to pull from my pocket holster in my right front docker pants pocket. Just my personal choice, if I have a feel need for more ammo the PT111 or PT145 seem more appropriate IWB.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Ok-- please excuse me as I run screaming from the ROOM--- OOOOHHHH NOOOOOO NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.
I have 2 mags with the Pearce and 2 without. The pearce are used for the range when some of the family want to shot the 709.. I NEVER carry with the extensions. With out them its just so easy to pull from my pocket holster in my right front docker pants pocket. Just my personal choice, if I have a feel need for more ammo the PT111 or PT145 seem more appropriate IWB.
Scream away, harley.... I have my pinky extender on my 709 mags. I also bought some +1 extenders to try them out. I like them. I DID NOT GET THEM FOR MORE FIREPOWER... I have a XDm 9mm 3.8 (19+1) for that. Rather, I like the 709 because I have short, fat fingers that are somewhat arthritic. The single stack has a narrow grip, which is easier for me to handle. But, my fat little pinky gets left out of the group on the grip. So I got the pearce extenders and the +1 extenders so my pinky doesn't squeal from loneliness anymore.... So, scream away, At least I'm not hearing any more squealing!!!! LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like the taurus grips version better. I don't plan on using the +1 version until we know our spring works just fine.

I can say that the Adam's version sticks out back toward the palm and applies more pressure. This was painful for me---whereas I have no pain holding it in stock form.

Being that the taurus grips is more of the stock form--I believe it to be the better grip.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Or you could just get an American-made S&W shield which comes stock with a 7-round mag and an 8-round mag. Currently $335 (delivered) from Bud's Police Supply. Or for that matter a SIG290RS with a 6 and an 8 round mag now $360 at CDNN. At the risk of sounding bitter, I feel that Taurus "promised" us 8-round mags, as shown in my 2010 owners' manual, and never delivered.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I must have small hands as I think stock it fits well in my hand. I know this has been discussed a bit, but does the extension make concealing the pistol more difficult?

·
Registered
36,318 Posts
I must have small hands as I think stock it fits well in my hand. I know this has been discussed a bit, but does the extension make concealing the pistol more difficult?
adding additional size to a weapon has to increase the problem wit concealment to some degree. a lot has to do with where the increase occurs and how you tote the weapon, generally as most carry hip holster or IWB the length of the grip is the biggest problem in concealment as it extends at a near 90 degree angle from the body.
I guess a few people that see it may think that you have a broken rib sticking out the back of your shirt???

Reactions: jonrourke
1 - 20 of 33 Posts