Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Yes , I have the same markings, there is a burr on the bottom edge of the slide that rubs the top of the firing chamber;
mine has not gotten worse since I first found the problem and filed the burr off with a fine file..

Reactions: sian

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Found two tiny steel buttons on the slide in my 24/7 Titanium compact. They put two lines like that on the barrel. I filed them down but the damage was done.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man that inner machining sure looks rough. Looks like it's smoothing out though.
I think its to rough too. When the slide is pulled back slowly you can feel it drag. Which is what I think is wearing the front edge off the barrel.And may be contributing to the FTE issue. I asked Taurus to look at this when they had it in for FTE issue's last week. But all the did was replace the extractor and send it back to me. Gun still has FTE issues and Taurus has the gun back far a second time. Customer service assured me it will be looked at this time.

·
Registered
507 Posts
My PT-145 had a streak starting much like this when I first got it and I polished it out as soon as I noticed it! Got it before it went to deep into the barrel! Repolished the barrel top and it's been good ever since. Same type burr the other guys have mentioned!

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My PT-145 had a streak starting much like this when I first got it and I polished it out as soon as I noticed it! Got it before it went to deep into the barrel! Repolished the barrel top and it's been good ever since. Same type burr the other guys have mentioned!
Its not the long streak down the middle that concearns me. Its the front edge thats being knocked off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts