Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much in this environment? My favorite LGS, one town over, has one in stock. I assume is the one in the box with one magazine and the black slide.

Asking 299. Now that I am 2 guns short (gifted the Bersa and wife took the Ruger) am looking to add another pistol.

I think the 709 feels better in my hand than the Beretta Nano does.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Must add boils down to 709, Nano, Shield and the SR9C.

This will be my second Taurus, and the Taurus is about 100 bucks cheaper than the closest competition.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Must add boils down to 709, Nano, Shield and the SR9C.

This will be my second Taurus, and the Taurus is about 100 bucks cheaper than the closest competition.
Sounds like a no brainer......

·
Registered
304 Posts
Great price. They go for around $320 here and that's with only one mag.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Bud's doesn't have any in stock but they show the last price on the 1 mag, no case model (FS) at $329.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
The only question mark is the SR9C but it's really up a notch in size - great gun though...

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only question mark is the SR9C but it's really up a notch in size - great gun though...
Yup. Got the pt111 to fill that void.

Sent from my Nexus 7

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,237 Posts
Yep, the $299 and 1 mag is where I lined up.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
The SR9c and the PT111 are just about the same size as a buddy was looking at getting one and just couldn't as he wanted something smaller. That sounds like your situation too. I have the 709 and it is a fine weapon and so easy to conceal. The price is very good as I bought mine over a year ago and that is the same price range back then, when things were not so inflated. I would jump on it but don't be surprised if it is already in some other lucky guys hands. You remember the TCP you missed out on that I told you you should buy a few months back? Don't let this one get away!;)

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
PT709 for sure.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The SR9c and the PT111 are just about the same size as a buddy was looking at getting one and just couldn't as he wanted something smaller. That sounds like your situation too. I have the 709 and it is a fine weapon and so easy to conceal. The price is very good as I bought mine over a year ago and that is the same price range back then, when things were not so inflated. I would jump on it but don't be surprised if it is already in some other lucky guys hands. You remember the TCP you missed out on that I told you you should buy a few months back? Don't let this one get away!;)
Got dentist appointment this morning. Will call the LGS after. If memory serves right, this pistol has been sitting on his shelf for close to 2 months. Small town LGS with not much traffic and the cold weather has not helped him a whole lot. But, you are right, I should jump on it before the weekend crowd comes in. As far as the TCP goes - the BG felt better in my hands.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Got the FS model (cardboard box, 1 mag) at Academy late last year for $299, all I've seen available since have been in the $329-349 range.
Grab it, is my advice.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Prudent decision. Enjoy. Maybe / hopefully some day you can get another mag for it. LOL

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Prudent decision. Enjoy. Maybe / hopefully some day you can get another mag for it. LOL
I called the LGS, he said he needed to get it out of there ASAP, as it was sitting on the shelf for too long.

He said the same thing about the mag. Good luck getting one.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. Take the time to clean/lube it first, use a strong, two hand grip when shooting it, and use only the pad of your finger on the trigger. Good luck and let us know how it shoots for you. Call Taurus and order a mag or two. Sure it will take a while to get them, but you will finally get them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts