Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the trigger assembly in the 709 slim is the same as the PT-111 Mill G2? I found numerous trigger upgrades for the G2 designed to reduce the take-up before trigger break and am hoping they might work for the 709 slim as well since some of the other parts are interchangeable. Here's the site and I've reached out to the guy asking since he doesn't have the 709 listed as a compatible model currently. Fingers crossed......

https://www.keeptinkering.com/

·
Administrator
17,827 Posts
In my past communication with keep_tinkering, it is my understanding that his replacement triggers will also work on the PT709.
It's a project for my PT709 that I've not gotten around to doing. Currently, the stock trigger on my PT709 is working for me.

KeepTinkering is a member of this forum. You can probably PM him with any questions on his products you may have, but I don't know how often he gets here.

Reactions: nevadabob

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
If you go to his Taurus triggers ebay site and scroll down to the "Item Specifics" section, check out the "For Gun Model" and "Model" areas and the "709 Slim" is listed.
Don't know why in other areas he doesn't include the 709. Not too long after these first came out, I did my G2. Then I tore into my 709 and saw that the innards were the same. I ordered one and dropped it in the 709. I emailed KT and said he ought to include the 709 in his listing.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've done the stainless striker guide upgrade and it works fine. The problem I have is that if I put any side pressure to the trigger I can feel it momentarily rubbing/catching on something. Maybe replacing it with a metal trigger will help (or learn to pull straight back on the trigger!).

·
Vendor
141 Posts
I don't have a 709 Slim to test with, but according to feedback from customers who have tried it, all my triggers do work in the 709/740 slim guns, however they may require a modification, which is why I don't actually list the 709 Slim as compatible.

Taurus made several variants of the 709 Slim, and probably several 740 variants as well, and at least one of them has a smaller than normal trigger guard. If you have one of these smaller trigger guard versions and install one of my triggers, you may have to sand or file down the bottom of the trigger to clear the smaller trigger guard, then possibly touch up the bottom of the trigger, which a permanent black sharpie marker can do a decent job at.

·
Premium Member
11,076 Posts
I've done the stainless striker guide upgrade and it works fine. The problem I have is that if I put any side pressure to the trigger I can feel it momentarily rubbing/catching on something. Maybe replacing it with a metal trigger will help (or learn to pull straight back on the trigger!).
I had the same problem on my G2S. KT's trigger fixed it.

·
Vendor
141 Posts
BigAl, which trigger model is that one and how much does it reduce the trigger pull length?
That is a SA/DA "Skeletal", it is exactly the same as an SA/DA Slight Curve but skeletonized, the trigger pull length is reduced about 30% from stock. I dont think I have this one up for sale on ebay yet, but I know it is up on my website.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts