Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeaterday at the range I had some 9mm reloads from a reputable local reloading firm. My Glock 19 ate them like candy but my 709 didn't like them at all. Every 4th or 5th shot failed to eject, while the next cartridge tried to load and created quite a jam. I've had no problems feeding the 709 Federal 115 Gr FMJ. Seems to show how some problems can be ammo specific.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine is finicky with WWB. Last night I went to the range and I had two rounds of Blazer brass that did not eject. I will note that it was after 100 or so rounds fired to the gun was getting dirty. I'd be willing to bet those reloads used Winchester brass.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Mine only tried reloads in one mag one time and the rejection was not pretty. It also is not fond of WWB or the Monarch steel cases.. everything else I use is good to go.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
The only reloads I've tried have been from Alabama Ammo (115 and 147) everything fed and fired well with no failures.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies...haven't tried WWB but shot another 100 rounds of Federal today without even a burp...Guess I'll stay away from the reloads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts