Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone shooting Aguila 9MM in a 709 Slim? I got a new pistol from a LGS, and this ammo is what he has (had) on the shelf. I got 200 rds FMJ and 100 rds JHP. Curious about how well they work in the 709 Slim, I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I've been shooting Aguila 9mm thru my PF9. As well as their .38 in my Rossi. Great ammo, no problems. I really like it.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
I have some in FMJ, it has worked in my 709, my SR9C, my PF9, and my P11.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
If your gun is "broken in", I would say it should handle it fine. I've shot all kinds of different brands in my 709, and haven't had but one or two FTFire's and that was from a box of Monarch steel case. One of those FTF's went bang on the double strike attempt.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
That's the problem with the panic shortages. People with guns that are picky about ammo brands have to take what they can get. But I haven't yet found a less expensive or off brand of 9mm that wouldn't work in any of my guns, for the most part. Some eastern European brands can have harder primers that might result in the rare light strike, but beyond that, no issues.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I have not used any except for .22 long rifle, which shot fine,....that nose looks like it would cycle great in anything.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I have some Jhp I keep in mine for defense. I only ran a mag or two through it but had no problems

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
You found some 9mm. Go out and be happy at that. enjoy the shoot

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
Over the years I have used over 3000 Aguila 9mm and 2000 Aguila .32 S&W Long with out any problems. I am reloading all my Aguila brass also without any problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts