Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's pretty hard to find just about anything right now.... but does anyone know where I can get another mag for my 709? Scouted all my local gunshops and none to be had.... just empty shelves. Are there other mags that work in the 709?

· Registered
2,024 Posts
I got one from cheaper than dirt last friday $36.99 & 6.38 freight ups to usps got it in 8 days.

· Registered
14 Posts
I was bidding on ebay as well but wouldnt go above $55 so needless to say didnt get any. Last one sold for $71!! I will have to call Taurus Monday to get on a list, I can wait 4 wks as long as I know they are coming! Every site I check says no backorder & they dont know when they may have some in stock.

· Registered
63 Posts
Just got back from Gander MTN. with one for $53.49 with tax. I got tired of waiting so I spent the extra.

· Registered
3,912 Posts
These prices are rediculous thinking about going back to revolvers.

· Registered
20,098 Posts
One of my LGS has 3 or 4 on the rack, for $35 apiece...gads...
iirc that was the going price ( or close) before the current market inflation. I got my 709 and 4 mags some time ago - all I need for a carry gun. I always look at mag prices before i buy any gun. It has turned me away from a few purchases through the years. (*coughGlockcough*)

· Registered
14 Posts
I called Taurus this AM & backordered 2, now they arent even giving an ETA, but I will just wait it out. I have been on the notify list for Midway for the past month & by the time I get a notification, they are gone. I figure waiting for the backorder from Taurus is my best bet & less frustrating!

· Registered
751 Posts
My LGS is selling them for $44. Hard to shop local when that's the price they've had on them for the last couple years.

· Registered
28 Posts
iirc that was the going price ( or close) before the current market inflation. I got my 709 and 4 mags some time ago - all I need for a carry gun. I always look at mag prices before i buy any gun. It has turned me away from a few purchases through the years. (*coughGlockcough*)
I paid a little less than that for the extra I bought two years ago...which seems to be a lifetime in "gun years" nowadays... I THINK I paid around $28-30.

· Registered
28 Posts
Oh, and the ergonomics turned me away from that line without even looking at the mag prices :) (Mainly the grip angle; the pistol does not point well for me.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.