Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually talked to Taurus about the lack of availability of extra magazines for the 709? I've thought about calling and asking, just haven't done it. It would be nice to have a way to email them with questions like this.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah, an email address would me nice. I write to the address provided on their support page, and address it to Mark Kressler. Sure it may or may not make it to him, but it's worth a shot. If enough 709 & 740 owners write, maybe it will get Taurus USA's attention.

I sent a letter that thanks them, that I love their firearms, but the lack of magazines sours the Taurus ownership experience.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
My wife spoke to Taurus customer service at the beginning of April and ordered a few mags. She was told it would be 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. Her 709 sure is a great gun, but lack of magazines is a pain, though lack of ammo is even worse.

·
Super Moderator
40,702 Posts
I saw 709 and 738 Factory magazines at the Miami gun show today. They were $28.00 each and they had a few of each out on display. Not that it does you any good, but they are out there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I saw 709 and 738 Factory magazines at the Miami gun show today. They were $28.00 each and they had a few of each out on display. Not that it does you any good, but they are out there.
And you didn't buy any for those of us who are still waiting?????

Reactions: kews12 and tservice

·
Registered
194 Posts
They'll fit in a USPS flat rate small box. If you're going back tomorrow, I want some! I have two on backorder from Taurus and they assure me I'll see them some time in 2013 but I'd like to have one sooner rather than later.

We're waiting to see whether CWFL or backordered magazines will arrive first. At this point, I'd put money on seeing the license first!

·
Super Moderator
40,702 Posts

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Seen some in academy yesterday for 32.99
Yeah - same price with my Academy's (4 - two in neighborhood and two on way to range) - They haven't had the 709's but do have 740 mags

·
Registered
14 Posts
I called CS Friday b/c I hadnt heard anything from the order I placed for 2 at the first of March, they said they were just starting on Feb orders. So 6-8 wks is way off the mark at their rate of production.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts