Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This release button gets harder to use everytime. I don't know if sweat might find its way in there but that part is covered by my holster. Any advice?

·
Registered
122 Posts
My index finger tends to get in the way when I use my thumb to drop the magazine. I'm considering changing it to left handed and using my shooting finger to drop the magazine. Maybe it's because of how thin the 709 is? The magazine release is reversible isn't it?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is really hard to press. Many times it must be pushed from the opposite side to get back into position. This did not happen when the gun was still new.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
It think the mag release is reversible. I think it may be like a pt111 G2, but not 100% sure.

I used this video to help me remove the mag release on my pt 111.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Mine is really hard to press. Many times it must be pushed from the opposite side to get back into position. This did not happen when the gun was still new.
Sounds like its not seated properly. You could try breaking it down and fully cleaning it, and reseating it.
Or you can try some cleaning agents while it is still in place and see if it will loosen up.
As above, I'm not 100% on how the mag release is removed, but I suspect its like the video above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts