Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I shipped my new (shot only 50 rounds) 24/7 to Taurus on May 8th with a broken main spring. :mad: It arrived at Taurus on the 9th, but the official receipt date was May 19th (layed around their receiving area for 10 days before it was logged in). I called them today to find out the status.

Total time of the call was 46 seconds. :) Taurus answered on the first ring. :) I gave them my service number. They looked it up. They said that they should start on May 19th receipts this coming Monday (July 9th).

While I'm not happy that my pistol broke, nor am I excited that they've already had it 7 weeks. I am glad that they didn't add to my frustration by giving me the runaround. 8)

Administrator
Hang in there dude. I had problems with the locking block on a PT92 twice, but I didn't have a long wait. I don't know what's up with that. The wait will be worth it. Taurus products are underrated. :thumb:

Registered
Taurus had my gun from their official log in date of May 2, til June 27. It overnighted to my FFL and signed for on the 28th.

Registered
I don't know if anyone has sent guns into other firearms makers, but the waits and Customer Service are generally the same. Normal turn around at an average firearms maker is 2-4 months. I base this on working for several large makers in the past as a smithy and years of dealing with outfits like S&W, COLT, Bushmaster, etc... Keep in mind that a real pistol smith is working on your firearm, not one of the guys that works in the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts