Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fired mine for the first time this past Sunday. I fired 35 rounds of Independence .38sp 130 grain FMJ. Handles very nice. I then fired 21 rounds of Win 357 125 grain JSP... WOW... what a difference! I was surprised at the recoil. There was definitely less recoil than I expected but one helluva bang!
Some may wonder why I fired so few rounds... I also brought one of my other pistols and was sharing the booth with a friend.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Congratulations. The mag loads tend to get your attention.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on your new Taurus M66 .357 Magnum revolver!

Mine is becoming one of my all-time favorite handguns.

:D Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol :thumb:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Congratulations on your new Taurus M66 .357 Magnum revolver!

Mine is becoming one of my all-time favorite handguns.
I don't have as extensive experience with other handguns. My 66 is the first handgun I have even owned and purchased. I love it! I don't feel undergunned with it. I love the versatility of it, even in a 4" barrel. I took it out hunting last Saturday, I can cc it if I wanted to. Carry it open with confidence. Enjoy 38s or 357s. There isn't much that I can't do with it. Short range and it will do anything I would want a hand gun to do. It is way more accurate than I am no matter what I put down the barrel.

I think you'll love it more and more as you shoot it.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
The wife loves her M66 . We call them our shoulder cannon.. Mine is a ruger GP100 6" barrel and hers is a 6" also. Bang Bang..They both we make you stand up and say wow..Enjoy..

Reactions: AZM66

·
Registered
81 Posts
My range doesn't like the magnum rounds in the indoor lanes, so I'm waiting for spring to take the 357 Mags to the outdoor lanes. Like I mentioned in your intro thread, my model 66 shoots great. The sights practically line themselves up on the target. Things have changed a little since mine was made (7 round cylinder instead of 6, for one thing), but I think they have a winner with the 66.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Congrats! I just wish I had the bucks to buy one for myself!
A friend of mine a few years ago liked mine so much after shooting it he begged me to trade it to him. He eventually got one in the 6" model so he stopped hounding me about it.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
One of the things that I love about this board is that there are still people around who appreciate a good revolver.

I bought my first handgun, a revolver, over 25 years ago and it is still my favorite. The shame of it is that my wife swiped it for her own and I'll never see it again, except to clean it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My favorite gun is a S&W 686 4" and I have a number of other revolvers, a wheel gun is the most reliable gun there is, no argument. I carried a 2" colt detective special as my ccw for many years, just changed to a Millenium G2 PT111 as my carry gun, it is a little thinner and easer to carry IWB. I still like the revolvers the best though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One of the things that I love about this board is that there are still people around who appreciate a good revolver.

I bought my first handgun, a revolver, over 25 years ago and it is still my favorite. The shame of it is that my wife swiped it for her own and I'll never see it again, except to clean it.
I bought my 66 back in January. It was my first handgun as well. I'm going to use it mainly for range shooting and home protection. I have not one bad thing to say about it.
My wife is a tiny lil thing. She wants to go to the range and fire it. I think i'll start her out w/ .38's and see how she handles it then MAYBE let her fire some 357's.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I bought my 66 back in January. It was my first handgun as well. I'm going to use it mainly for range shooting and home protection. I have not one bad thing to say about it.
My wife is a tiny lil thing. She wants to go to the range and fire it. I think i'll start her out w/ .38's and see how she handles it then MAYBE let her fire some 357's.
I am surprised to understand that your wife will let you dictate to her what she shoots. I am pretty sure my wife would dictate to me what I shoot, and if she wanted my 66 for her own, I'd be hunting for a new primary.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She's never fired a gun in her life. The first time she ever held one was when I brought mine home. She's real anxious to go to the range.

·
Registered
521 Posts
She's never fired a gun in her life. The first time she ever held one was when I brought mine home. She's real anxious to go to the range.
My wife is like that. She has fired a BB gun. Keeps complaining that my 6 year old got to fire my .22 before she did. Just can't align the stars so we can BOTH go out together.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Congrats, and I think you'll come to love it. I have the 6" barrel, and it's dead-on accurate. At 2+ pounds, I never carry it, but with that weight 38 seem like .22s at the range, and even hot handloads in 357 are easy to handle.

This is one I will probably never trade.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm afraid to let my wife shoot my 66. She shot my model 85 and now it is hers. :) Upside is, when she claimed my 85, I got to replace it with the 66! Mine is the 4" stainless with the 7 round cylinder. I just picked up a speed loader for it and am looking for a good holster.
Enjoy that revolver.

·
Registered
188 Posts
...and the best part about the 66 is that compared to some other revolvers, they're pretty inexpensive.
Yeah, I whole-heartedly agree. I'm sure there are those who have found unbelievable deals on all brands, but probably more common with Taurus. We got our 6-shot 66 for a song, and couldn't be happier. If you find an ol' 66, snatch it up!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts