Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry a 651B .357.After about 300 rnds of mainly full .357 loads,the center pin in the cylinder locked up inside the cylinder.I took it apart and it would not function,kept sticking in the cylinder.Sent it in as directed by customer service.They said 6 to 7 weeks in a letter they sent.Got it back fed x today almost exactly 6 weeks to the day.Fuction's fine and no charge under warrenty.The letter that came back with the gun said,Adjusted center pin,adjusted cylinder,and adjusted cylinder yoke.All's well.Taurus is a large company with alot of sales,so I can understand the 6 weeks,also they did as they said they would,can't beat that.
vicspank

·
Super Moderator
35,697 Posts
I never understood the gripes about 6 weeks, 8 weeks, whatever, for turn around. I can live without any of my 20 handguns for 6-8 weeks if one needs to go in for warranty service. I'll just carry one of the other 19. :rolleyes: The lifetime warranty is one thing that makes buying new OR USED Taurus guns appealing to me, too. I know if the gun has a problem I can't figure out, I can get it fixed no problem. Yet to find the gun that needed fixing, but I'm just sayin'. Same for my much maligned Kel Tec which has been flawless for me, but which has a lifetime warranty. Even if I wear the little sucker out, I'll get a replacement free. That keeps me shooting it. :D I'm unconcerned about the possibility of ever wearing it out.

I carried my 3" M66 the other day IWB to check my hog trap. Had 4 little piggies I put down with it, first blood. :D That old gun is tight as a drum and 20+ years old, going strong. Doubt MY lifetime will see me sending it back. LOL! Seemed like overkill shooting those little pigs with it, left a gawd awful exit wound in the head. But, it's all I had on me. I normally just carry my M85 with .38s. Good to see what a .357 hollowpoint can do now and then, though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
vicspank said:
I carry a 651B .357.After about 300 rnds of mainly full .357 loads,the center pin in the cylinder locked up inside the cylinder.I took it apart and it would not function,kept sticking in the cylinder.Sent it in as directed by customer service.They said 6 to 7 weeks in a letter they sent.Got it back fed x today almost exactly 6 weeks to the day.Fuction's fine and no charge under warrenty.The letter that came back with the gun said,Adjusted center pin,adjusted cylinder,and adjusted cylinder yoke.All's well.Taurus is a large company with alot of sales,so I can understand the 6 weeks,also they did as they said they would,can't beat that.
vicspank
Vicspank,
I'm glad to see Taurus figured out you guns complaint.
They sent mine back with "issues" that I ended up figuring out myself. Taurus did send me a new center pin and spring 6 month after I had ordered them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes,I was happy it turned out that way.Seems it was an adjustment issue more than anything.It is fairly new and they all go through a break in period.It's a great little handcannon,but being a Training Counselor and Instructor,I shoot all my guns alot.I find that the smaller the gun,because the smaller the parts,seems to have more bugs to work out.Not just Taurus but I have had minor problems with all my small snubbies.My full size revolvers and semi's have much fewer.It does seem that the center pin in Taurus snubbies needs to be reworked at the drawing table.But this 651 steel snubbie with the shrouded hammer just carries and shoots so well with full .357 loads,I find it hard not to carry it for strictly buisness.
vicspank

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
When you have 19 "back up" guns to choose from, the wait is not an issue. But when you have ONE CCW pistol and it HAS to go back because of a COMMON complaint, 6-8 weeks is a LONG time.
Can't blame NativeTexan too much, This seems to be a minority among those that frequent forums. It seems less than 10% only own 1 handgun... see poll here:

http://www.handgunforum.net/showthread.php?t=5810

·
Super Moderator
35,697 Posts
If you only own one gun, you have a real problem. ROFL!!!!! I couldn't live like that, frankly. My wife has gotten to the point she just has lost track of the guns now, all look alike, so I can buy a new one and she never knows.. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts