Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,, Been Lurking around the Pistol area because I am looking for an auto to go with my 651. I have only shot 350 rounds with only 3 types of ammo. Winchester 38-130 Gr FMJ, Winchester 357-110 JHP and 65 rounds of Remington 38-125 +P. Question,, Sometimes I notice that 1 of the chambers in the cylinder starts to get real tight when trying to load or extract after a few rounds. The other 4 just slide in and out fine. I also notice that sometimes the cylinder gets stuck when closing it into the frame. I push it back out then roll it a bit then it will close into the frame very easy. Also,, One thing I notice today was a bit of blow back that I felt on my left cheek.. After that I packed it up and shot my HS Model B, S&W Mod 29 and a Kimber 45 that range is trying to sell me. ( I want a Taurus 24/7 pro) Anyhow,, this forum has been a great sourse of info and I hope someone can give me some good advice. Regards to all

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I'd suggest giving those chambers a good scrubbing. You might have some junk (carbon etc) built up which could be causing the size issues.

Could you describe more about the cylinder getting stuck? I'm not quite picturing what you're seeing.

When you noticed the "blow back" left cheek, how were you shooting (stance etc)?

Steelheart

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the responce,, I clean and scrub after any use.. I always take 3 plus Guns with me so none of them get too warm.. I use a Gun solvent then Brass Brush it, then gun oil then Clean Patches.. Its hard to trust a Bore Snake.. Just does not feel as clean as the old style.
Some times the Cylinder seems to not want to close. I think it was because the one chamber gets tight. I started only loading the other 4 chambers and never had an issue.
I use a Mod Weaver stance. Hips forward and arms straight out front.. The only time I have ever felt that type of "Blow Back" was when I was shooting a S&W Mod 29 with some very Hot Loads. It cut me across the cheek enough to bleed.. Sent it back to S&W and got it back 3 months later. They said the Cylinder had shifted forward and to not use anymore "Hot" Hand Loads. I have only used new factory Ammo in the 651.. Thx again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts