Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,149 Posts
Handsome piece ya got there. Not sure what you was doin' there with all the html commands, so I posted the pic for ya.

Yeah, light weight guns with full power magnums tend to be a handful. That Crimson Trace looks like it fills the hand, though. A pocket style "boot grip" on a snubbie .357 will instill a flinch in the most seasoned of shooters. They demand a hand filling grip, but they're still kinda scary. :D You can buy magnum loads designed for the snubs, though, that take some of the sting out, yet still have more punch than a .38 +P.

·
Super Moderator
36,149 Posts
I'm getting a new to me SP101. I'll be doing some chronographing of several loads, all handloads, however. But, I have a variety of barrel lengths in the caliber now and think the comparisons with the same ammunition should be fun and perhaps informative. My 3" gun gets up a little over 500 ft lbs compared to 600 from a 4" and 750+ from a 6.5" gun. The little SP101 is a short barreled one, 2 1/4" I think. When I do this, I'll post results in the handloading forum for those interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.