Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any thoughts or comments on the 650 taurus?i got one in a trade and so far i like it.im only shooting .38+p now and its doing its job.tia

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Nice pocket gun, I'd prefer stainless but the blue will be less noticable.

Steelheart

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got one in stainless for my wife a couple of years ago and it's a great little gun. While my wife doesn't appreciate hot loads, I normally put together some very low power loads for her to practice with. I keep some .38+P hollow points around for when not at the rock quarry, and I'll occasionally shoot it with .357 stuff when I'm looking for something hotter than my .45ACP.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Great little snubby! The hammerless design makes it nice for carry. Mine is a home protector mostly, although I do strap it on when I head out to the woods. Its a real pocket cannon with the .357 loads. although those are getting a littel expensive to shoot on a regular basis. Fortunately, you can still get a cheap box of .38 special to put through it once in a while. If a guy has only one revolver, this would be a good choice.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Michael is correct, this is a very nice pocket-sized gun. I like the fact that although it is DAO it can still be cocked! Very manageable to shoot even with the 357's.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Mrglock I think you're confusing the 650 with the 651. The 651 is the model with the shrouded hammer (same profile as the Smith Bodyguard). The 650 has the covered or internal hammer (think Smith Centennial). I did double check as I used to get them confused until I recently picked up a blued 650. Yes, I'd rather have gotten stainless but the price was good. I figure it'll be a nice gun to toss in an external coat pocket this winter.

Steelheart

·
32,785 Posts
Steelheart's correct about the 650 and the 651. There's the CIA and it's derivatives. Then the Protector and it's clan. Add to that the 85 series and it's offshoots.Pun intended. :) Follow that up with the 617/817 family and there's a whole lot of reason to get confused.
Add up all the choices of model variations and the head starts to swim. :)

Took the factory catalog and memorized all the models.Didn't peek for the answers either.Well, maybe a little. :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
You are correct Steel, I did mean the 651; it's a great gun! I am picking up a snub Taurus 44 this week; will post on it soon!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just shot one this weekend i liked it took some getting used to after shooting my 9mm 24/7 right before it but it was fun with 357 rounds in it. I was so impressed i bought a 651 they had at the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts