Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of buying one for a while. I've handled a few at different shops and like what i see. But I haven't shot one and couldn't find many reviews on the net. So if anyone has any info or first hand experience with one let me know.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have the 4" 627. It shoots good and I like it. I take it when I go campping and shoot it in the woods. I don't carry it for ccw because the adjustable sights hang up on clothing and somtimes bite me. Between the Ribber Grips and the Ports recoil is mild.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking at the 6in. versions, mainly for target shooting and to have a "woods" gun for camping/hicking.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the 4 inch. It is my HD gun. Shoots wonderful.

I did not really care for the ribber grips though, so I changed them out with some hogues.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 6" Titanium 357 Tracker that I really likes a lot. It locks up pretty tight when the trigger is pulled all the way back and you check for cylinder movement. I just wish the bore cylinder gap was a little bit more tighter...I think it is at about .004 or .005, which is still good. I got my girlfriend a stainless 627 357 Tracker and I'm finding I like the 4" tube a lot as well, plus, with the constant dry fire practice she/we have done with it, and the fact that it has been shot more than my 627, the trigger is right up there with my S&W 686 plus! No Kiddin!!! Now I just need to get the trigger on mine as smooth.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice pics chewy. Thanks everyone for there insight. I still plan on getting one of these, but not sure when. My wish list is way longer than my pocket book is thick. I think my 2 guns for this year will be a 12ga. o/u, and a pt 1911. Who knows what next year will bring. Also I might change my mind on this years picks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I priced one through my dealer yesterday for $425. Compair that with $368 + $25 for shipping and $45 for transfer= $438. Buds Gun Shop has the best prices I've seen on the net, but every time I check with my guy it $10-$20 cheaper to have him order it and it'll be in the next day. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
timmy said:
I priced one through my dealer yesterday for $425. Compair that with $368 + $25 for shipping and $45 for transfer= $438. Buds Gun Shop has the best prices I've seen on the net, but every time I check with my guy it $10-$20 cheaper to have him order it and it'll be in the next day. Thanks anyway.

Timmy,

Whoever is charging you $45 for the transfer is ripping you off. I checked and there are people in or near Arkansas City that will do it for $10 - $25. If you enter your zip into the FFL finder at gunbroker.com you'll find them. http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

If I had a local dealer who could be within $20 of buying from Bud's, shipping, and the transfer fees I would definitely support the local place.

Wuchak

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've checked the gun broker thing before. The only guy they have in town with a fee listed is a small collecter who only transfers for friends or friends of friends. Everybody else around close charges $50 or higher. And the guys in wellington are inconvenent hour round trip drive away.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Most Dealers will charge more for a transfer if they can order the same gun. If they can't get it thats when it is cheaper.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I have a 627 SS with a 6" tube that I bought LNIB for $260.00. I primarily shoot Blazer and S&B ammo through it and have never had any problems of which to speak. It's very accurate, reliable and though it had taken me awhile, I've become accustomed to the ribber grip. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts