Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
What The title says, any 627 owners how do you like them?
Thinking about getting one.

Dave

·
5,686 Posts
It was my very first revolver and I couldn't be more happy with it. It's my first 'go to' when I get up and the last thing I lay down next to me at night. Shoots great and takes anything I give it. I especially like the ported barrel, it takes away a lot of the recoil and I'm able to shoot one handed comfortably if I have to.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
The ported barrel is why I think these are way cool.

Dave

Reactions: MissKitty

·
Registered
24,546 Posts
Igot mine as a replacement for another gun and I am not looking back. Mine is a 6.5 inch barrel ported 357 and with a red dot it is a one holer at 50 feet.
kruizer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love mine. The ported barrel impresses all who shoot it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I sure like mine. I put Hogue grips on it because the factory grips, while very comfortable, were too bulky for smooth double-action shooting and interfered with HKS speedloaders.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I have Smith and Wesson Revolvers, Rugers, and Taurus Revolvers. The Taurus Tracker model 627 4 inch I have is as good as any example from the other makers I mentioned. Every single person I have let shoot it wanted it. EVERYONE! Without exception wanted it immediately. Bought it new in 2005 for the sum of $365.00. I would not part with it for anything. I cannot recommend it enough. It is as accurate as my Performance Center for literally a third of the price. Best value going.

Brandon

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did the 627 come out in Titanium? Having a Taurus Titianium addiction!

Veper, do you by chance own a VEPR rifle? LOL

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

Yep I own a Veper Rifle. I have had it for years, and still one of my favorite rifles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes the 627 Total Titanium was avalable for a few years you will have to find one on Gunbroker or in a gunshop now. My 4 inch 627 Ti is one of my favorite trail revolvers at 24 oz. its less then 2 oz heavier then my 4 inch 941 22 mag but with the porting not uncomfortable to shoot.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I bought my 627 march of 02. I had a (still have it) beretta 84 and wanted a bigger gun.
bought it used for 354 bucks. I love this gun. it hits what I aim at, and I have had no problems with it
in the last 10 years I have owned it. Taurus website tells me it was made in 2000 and it really looked as
if it had never been shot when I bought it. I think someone got it, shot one round and it scared them! :)
I carry it in the wintertime when I can cover it with a coat, summertime its a bit large for me to IWB it. but I could probably
do it in a pinch. My current CC is a 24/7 pro c ds .40 cal that I'm lovin! :D
I would tell you yes, if you can get ahold of one, do so, and dont let go!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts