Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've owned this Taurus 617T for a little over a month now and I would really like to lighten the trigger. Not a lot, only 2-3 pounds. Problem is I don't have a gunsmith in the area to do such a thing, and I'm not comfortable doing any kind of work myself.

I have a few questions regarding the subject. 1: Is it possible to get what I'm wanting and not cause any ignition issues? 2: Is it worth it/ will have any real effect to have a gunsmith gun in and polish parts,etc? 3: Are there any gun smiths I can send my gun to, to have this work done with a decent turn around time?

·
Registered
17 Posts
First, is this a defensive gun? If it is, don't play with spring weight which is the only way to take that
Much off the trigger. Secondly you can polish the sears with no effect on reliability. I believe cylinder and slide Works on taurus'. Dont know what their turn around is. Any good smith is going to have a backlog of work reducing turnaround. You dont want to reduce spring weight because you may get light
primer strikes. Polishing wont actually reduce weight, it will just smooth it out. The cheaper.way to smooth it out is dryfiring. It will take about 500 trigger pulls, but it will smooth it out. If you Do this, please clear the weapon first! Sorry, but i gotta say it. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.