Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im really starting to side with a revolver for EDC, and im truly inlove with the 617, ive had a few people say that the holsters are kinda hard to find that really fit the gun good.

can anyone point me in a good direction as to what holster to purchase for one ?( using for concealed carry ? )

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have not purchased one for my 617 but one of our supporting vendors Tommy Theis at the following link makes a IWB for the 617. I have one for my 24/7 G2 and it fits the firearm like a glove. I hope this helps.

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters

Reactions: LeRoy

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
hey guys, im really starting to side with a revolver for EDC, and im truly inlove with the 617, ive had a few people say that the holsters are kinda hard to find that really fit the gun good.

can anyone point me in a good direction as to what holster to purchase for one ?( using for concealed carry ? )
I have not purchased one for my 617 but one of our supporting vendors Tommy Theis at the following link makes a IWB for the 617. I have one for my 24/7 G2 and it fits the firearm like a glove. I hope this helps.

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters
I carry my 617SS2 daily in a Theis® IWB Horsehide/Kydex hybrid holster. IT IS SUPERB IN ALL RESPECTS! Get one either IWB or OWB; you will love it!

Reactions: LeRoy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also use a Tommy Theis IWB holster for a 617 SS, worn at about 3:30-4:00 position . . . it is my most common carry combo. I have driven 8+ hours with that setup and was never uncomfortable, just got to find the right placement for your build and comfort level.

Michael

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
perfect guys! ill either be purchasing the 617 or the 24/7 g2c so this is perfect. seems to be a taurus fan favorite ! i still cant decide, its driving me bonkers =P

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool guys ! im really siding with the 617, i just think its more me then the 24/7. im kinda thinking i may purchase a dirt cheap poly IWB holster to use/abuse and really break down what i need, ya know ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts