Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all! First time here...first post. Just bought my first Taurus from a relative. Stainless 617. Very pleased with the gun so far. Most opinions I read online before buying seemed mostly favorable.

The front sight is slightly bent to the left. I assume this is not normal and completely appears to be a manufacturing defect. Previous owner (who bought the gun new) didn't even notice. There is no evidence the gun was dropped or otherwise neglected.

I would like to know if Taurus might take care of this for free. I read about their "forever" warranty which states sights are not included. However this is certainly a factory defect. Or.... what might a gunsmith charge to straighten the sight? I don't really feel comfortable sticking the gun in a bench vise.

Thank you!

Kevin

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
The site should be covered under the warranty however keep in mind if the gun is over a year old, you will be required to cover the shipping there and back. Others have said his can cost upwards of $120. If you have any local gunsmiths it may be cheaper to see if they can fix it for less.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Doe's it shoot to point of aim? It may have already been adjusted to correct a problem. If it shoots where you aim it don't worry about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts