Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 617 stainless for the wife's CCW and also ordered a 627 Tracker 4" for myself (that'll make 3 Tauri this month). I was wondering if the frame sizes are essentially the same for the Tracker and the 617? I ask as I'm about to order the Galco OWB holster and it seems as though it would fit both being as the holster is open in the end and the cylinder sizes should be the same. I also assume that the same speedloader would work?

I'm betting both guns are nearly the same, but it would be nice to know before I spend the money.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 617 and I just bought a galco.

Here's a copy/paste from the Concealed Carry portion of the site.

Found a Galco High ride belt holster (PN FL112B) Fits the gun very nicely and has a thumb break, which took a little massaging to work it in, but now snaps open and closed like butter.

Rides real nice, comfortable to sit in all day (in car and walking around, office stuff) and it holds the gun nice and close for me. I'm a little guy at 5f 8in and 150lbs.

I just didn't like the IWB's. My main dress here in the PNW is with a hoodie on. But a large T-shirt conceals it nicely too. I've been wearing it all day, and when I got home it just felt right. I've found me a great holster.

A little pricey at $70, but I love it.

Galco FTW.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I actually have had or have the Galco Fletch model for every other pistol in the inventory so I'm familiar with their quality and comfort.

I ended up ordering the one for the Tracker in black. Now it's a race to see which arrives first, my pistol or the holster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts